A Few of my Favourite Things

April 29, 2011

Things are slowly coming along in the garden.  It seems to be at a slow pace this year, because we really haven't had the warmest of weather yet. 

A ray of light, after losing the majority of my crocuses to Mother Nature's little creatures, have been these two groups of spring bulbs.  The puschkinia and the scilla.  I will definitely plant more of these when the fall comes!

Puschkinia (Striped Squill)

Scilla (Bluebell, Squill)


  1. That magnificent header picture has taken my breath away

  2. Go with the scilla. I have them and the little buggers go nuts. Thanks for the photos and I appreciate the stop by my porch.

  3. Loving the scilla, the bark you've got down sets them off a treat too.

  4. Your gorgeous pussy cat looks just like my Nelly - rainbow quilt was surprisingly quick and easy once I got going. I felt like I was painting.


Comments are always welcome!

If you have a question, I'll respond on your own blog, if you leave me the link! I'll also answer questions here (in case anyone else is interested).

I had to start 'moderating' the comments because I was getting so much spam, so if you notice your comment doesn't show up right away, that is why.

Happy Gardening!