Pasque Flower

















April 30, 2010 - The pasque flowers are in lovely shape today. I hadn't seen one of these plants before, but the former owners of our home left two of them on the property. They are also known as 'pulsatilla vulgaris' which seems a kind of ugly name for such a lovely flower!

My brother, who lives in Manitoba, told me they are called 'Prairie Crocuses' there and are actually the provincial flower of Manitoba.

I really look forward to these every spring. I love their fuzzy little parts, just beneath the flowers.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Diane, love all the pics in your blog. I know you'll be interested in my latest post, check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this picture, Diane. Nice ground level perspective and sharp focus. Beautiful colors, too. A very unique looking flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I clicked on your cottage gardening link in your sidebar. I'm glad I did, because I love the color of that pasque flower! How, cool, because I have a couple other kinds, and bought the kind you have at a recent plant sale. Well, I better go pick some lettuce. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!

If you have a question, I'll respond on your own blog, if you leave me the link! I'll also answer questions here (in case anyone else is interested).

I had to start 'moderating' the comments because I was getting so much spam, so if you notice your comment doesn't show up right away, that is why.

Happy Gardening!