Late Summer Bloomings

It's December, and I'm just posting some photos of my August and September flowers. We have a couple of centimetres of snow on the ground now.

This is my border in August.  You can see some of the different colours of perennial phlox here.  What I love about them, is that they don't all bloom at exactly the same time - so I have a lovely array of colour from mid-July right into September. 

The 'Michaelmas Daisies' or fall asters put on a great showing in the later summer as well. I started out with just two of them in 2008 and have divided them twice already. Love them.  Couldn't resist posting this picture of Hudson posing in front of them. 

This clump of fall Monkhead (I'm not sure the exact variety, as they were a gift from Rita) bloom much later than my other ones.  They have a tougher and sturdier stalk, but otherwise look very similar.
And one of my very favourite later blooming plants is my white coneflower. 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Diane, Your border is gorgeous! I love the phlox ... I have only two varieties and should add more. The white coneflower is lovely and new to me. The summer garden gives us such beautiful memories to get us through the winter. Pamela x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane! I'm so glad you sent a message. You won't believe this but I hadn't logged in to my blogger account or even been on Blogger to check out anyon else's since October... until yesterday afternoon. I logged in yesterday and poked around a bit, got excited to see others gardens starting already and then got your message! ESP... haha Love your last post, your borders were beautiful - and your kitty too. We've had some milder temps too - it was 60 yesterday and it felt wonderful. We still have lots of snow too though. Can't wait for it to be gone! See you in Blogger-land soon :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!

If you have a question, I'll respond on your own blog, if you leave me the link! I'll also answer questions here (in case anyone else is interested).

I had to start 'moderating' the comments because I was getting so much spam, so if you notice your comment doesn't show up right away, that is why.

Happy Gardening!